MRI – Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy
- MRI and ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy uses imaging guidance and a needle to remove tissue from the prostate in order to be examined by the pathologist to determine if the tissue is cancerous, or not.
COMMON USE FOR MRI-ULTRASOUND BIOPSY
- For diagnosis of prostate cancer and to distinguish between cancer and Benign Prostate Hyperplasia.
PREPERATION FOR MRI-ULTRASOUND FUSION BIOPSY:
- Prior to the examination, please prepare the list of medication you are currently taking to your physician so they are able to advise correctly on how to prepare for the examination.
- Inform the staff if you have any existing medical conditions or electronic devices in your body.
- Jewellery or any metal objects have to be removed prior to the scan.