BMD is the method used to quantify the mass of bone in the body. It is also effective in tracking the effects of treatment for osteoporosis and other conditions that cause bone loss.
COMMON USES FOR BMD:
- Lack of physical activity
- Low calcium intake in the diet
- An alcoholic or/and smoker
PREPERATION FOR BMD:
- Inform the radiographer if there is any metal in your body, such as spinal fusion rods or a hip prosthesis.
- It cannot be scheduled within 4 days following any contrast scans such as barium studies, IVU, CT scan or radio-isotope nuclear medicine scans.
- No special preparations or appointment booking is required for BMD scan.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.